Baptisms are done the second and third Sundays of the month.
Attendance at a Baptismal class is required. Classes are the first Friday of each month at St Patrick's rectory at 7:00 PM.
The sacrament of confession is held on Saturday at 3:00 PM at St. Patrick's Church or by appointment.
Confession at St. Christopher's is held on Saturday following the 6:00 PM Mass or by appointment.
Before your child receives First Holy Communion he/she must be prepared and the following conditions should be fulfilled.
- Completed Grade 1 C.C.D. Classes.
- ATTEND ALL C.C.D. CLASSES IN GRADE 2.
- Must be properly prepared at home & class to understand the meaning of the Holy Eucharist.
- Must know the SIGN OF THE CROSS, OUR FATHER, HAIL MARY, ACT OF CONTRITION AND THE GLORY BE TO THE FATHER.
- If your child was not baptized at St. Patrick's, Monson, you must supply a copy of his/her Baptismal Certificate.
Before a student can receive the sacrament of Confirmation in Grade 9 the following requirements should be met:
- Completed Grade 9 C.C.D. Class that is part of our 2 year Confirmation Preparation Program.
- Attend ALL SPECIAL CONFIRMATION SESSIONS AND REHEARSALS.
- Attend any retreats or special activities that are planned.
- Take an active part in parish functions.
- Choose a name (Biblical or Saint). Read about his/her life and pick someone you would like to emulate.Ba
- Choose a sponsor. Parents are not to be selected and whoever is chosen must be a practicing Catholic, at least 16 and confirmed.
- If your child was not baptized or has not made First Holy Communion at St. Patrick's, Monson, you must bring a copy of his/her Baptismal Certificate at the time of registration or to the first class.
- MUST ATTEND CLASS WEEKLY
Couples need to contact the pastor one year prior to the marriage to begin the Matrimony and Pre-Cana process.
Those moved by The Holy Spirit with a calling to a "more intimate" consecrated life by dedicating themselves totally to God as a priest, deacon, brother or sister of the Catholic order, should contact Fr. Jack or the Diocese of Springfield Vocations Office at (413) 462-0816.
Annointing of the Sick
The Second Vatican Council emphasized that this sacrament is meant not only for those who are close to death, but for anyone who is seriously ill. Please contact Fr. Jack at 413 267-3622.
Liturgy of Christian Burial
Arrangement for burial and prayers for the soul of a loved one may be made through your funeral director or by contacting the Parish Office at 413 267-3622.
Visitation of the sick- Please inform either parish office if a loved one is hospitalized, in the care of a nursing facility, or confined to home and would like to receive the Sacraments.