CCD Grades 1-6
SCHEDULE OF C.C.D. FOR 2021 - 2022 (CLASSES BEGIN SEPT. 19th)
GRADES 1,2,5,6 will meet from 9:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. on Sunday mornings in Columbia Hall.
GRADES 3,4 will meet from 9:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. on Sunday mornings in Columbia Hall.
GRADES 7,8 will meet per schedule from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. on Sundays in Columbia Hall.
GRADE 9 will meet per schedule from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. on Sundays in Columbia Hall.
Students in grade 9 this fall (this applies to both public and parochial schools) are reminded that they need to register for our two year Confirmation Preparation Program.
GRADE 10, CONFIRMATION CLASS will meet per schedule from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. on Sundays in Columbia Hall.
THERE WILL BE NO CLASSES ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
OCTOBER 10 COLUMBUS DAY
NOVEMBER 28 THANKSGIVING
DECEMBER 26 CHRISTMAS
JANUARY 2 NEW YEAR’S
FEBRUARY 20 MIDWINTER VACATION
APRIL 17 EASTER & SPRING VACATION
** THERE WILL BE CLASSES ON JANUARY 16th. (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
First Penance will be announced at a later date.
First Communion will be announced at a later date.
THE LAST CLASS FOR ALL GRADES WILL BE May 1st.
THE STUDENTS SHOULD ATTEND MASS AND C.C.D. CLASSES EVERY WEEK. THIS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENTS.
STUDENTS WHO ARE ABSENT ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A NOTE TO THE NEXT CLASS.
ALL STUDENTS WHO MISSED MORE THAN AN ACCEPTABLE NUMBER OF CLASSES WILL
BE REQUIRED TO DO MAKE-UP WORK FOR THE CLASSES MISSED AS PRESCRIBED BY THE TEACHER AND EDUCATION COMMISSION.
FIRST COMMUNION GRADE 2
Before your child receives First Holy Communion he/she must be prepared and the following conditions should be fulfilled.
- Completed Grade 1 C.C.D. Classes.
- ATTEND ALL C.C.D. CLASSES IN GRADE 2. (If for any reason he/she is unable to attend, a written
excuse must be sent from the parents to the teacher.)
- Must be properly prepared at home & class to understand the meaning of the Holy Eucharist.
- Must know the SIGN OF THE CROSS, OUR FATHER, HAIL MARY, ACT OF CONTRITION AND
THE GLORY BE TO THE FATHER. (These prayers will be sent home with your child.) PRAYERS ARE
NOT TAUGHT DURING CLASS TIME. THIS IS THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY.
- If a child misses too many classes without a proper excuse or is not properly prepared then he/she will have
to wait till next year.
- If your child was not baptized at St. Patrick's, Monson, you must bring a copy of his/her Baptismal
Certificate at the time of registration or to the first class.
CONFIRMATION GRADE 10
Before a student can receive the sacrament of Confirmation the following requirements should be met:
- Completed Grade 9 C.C.D. Class that is part of our 2 year Confirmation Preparation Program.
- Attend ALL SPECIAL CONFIRMATION SESSIONS AND REHEARSALS.
- Attend any retreats or special activities that are planned.
- Take an active part in parish functions.
- Choose a name (Biblical or Saint). Read about his/her life and pick someone you would like to emulate.
- Choose a sponsor. Parents are not to be selected and whoever is chosen must be a practicing Catholic, at least 16 and confirmed.
- If your child was not baptized or has not made First Holy Communion at St. Patrick's, Monson, you must
bring a copy of his/her Baptismal Certificate at the time of registration or to the first class.
SPECIAL CHILDREN’S MASSES (1-6) SUNDAY AT 8:30 A.M.
DEC. 24 (Friday, Christmas Eve at 4:00 P.M. Christmas Pageant)