CCD Grades 1-6
SCHEDULE OF C.C.D. FOR 2023 - 2024 (CLASSES BEGIN SEPT. 17th)
GRADES 1 - 6 will meet from 9:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. on Sunday mornings in Columbia Hall.
GRADES 7,8 will meet per schedule from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. on Sundays in Columbia Hall.
GRADE 9 will meet per schedule from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. on Sundays in Columbia Hall.
CONFIRMATION: The diocese has now changed Confirmation to be made after attending and completing 9th grade. Daniel Moriarty and Catherine Rioux ate the teachers.
THERE WILL BE NO CLASSES ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
OCTOBER 8 COLUMBUS DAY
NOVEMBER 26 THANKSGIVING
DECEMBER 24 CHRISTMAS
DECEMBER 31 NEW YEAR'S
JANUARY 14 MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY
FEBRUARY 18 MIDWINTER VACATION
MARCH 31 EASTER
APRIL 14 SPRING VACATION
First Penance will be Tuesday, April 9th, at 7:00 PM
First Communion to be announced.
THE LAST CLASS FOR ALL GRADES WILL BE May 5th.
THE STUDENTS SHOULD ATTEND MASS AND C.C.D. CLASSES EVERY WEEK. THIS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARENTS.
STUDENTS WHO ARE ABSENT ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A NOTE TO THE NEXT CLASS.
ALL STUDENTS WHO MISSED MORE THAN AN ACCEPTABLE NUMBER OF CLASSES WILL
BE REQUIRED TO DO MAKE-UP WORK FOR THE CLASSES MISSED AS PRESCRIBED BY THE TEACHER AND EDUCATION COMMISSION.
FIRST COMMUNION GRADE 2
Before your child receives First Holy Communion he/she must be prepared and the following conditions should be fulfilled.
- Completed Grade 1 C.C.D. Classes.
- ATTEND ALL C.C.D. CLASSES IN GRADE 2. (If for any reason he/she is unable to attend, a written
excuse must be sent from the parents to the teacher.)
- Must be properly prepared at home & class to understand the meaning of the Holy Eucharist.
- Must know the SIGN OF THE CROSS, OUR FATHER, HAIL MARY, ACT OF CONTRITION AND
THE GLORY BE TO THE FATHER. (These prayers will be sent home with your child.) PRAYERS ARE
NOT TAUGHT DURING CLASS TIME. THIS IS THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY.
- If a child misses too many classes without a proper excuse or is not properly prepared then he/she will have
to wait till next year.
- If your child was not baptized at St. Patrick's, Monson, you must bring a copy of his/her Baptismal
Certificate at the time of registration or to the first class.
CONFIRMATION GRADES 9
Before a student can receive the sacrament of Confirmation the following requirements should be met:
- Attend ALL SPECIAL CONFIRMATION SESSIONS AND REHEARSALS.
- Attend any retreats or special activities that are planned.
- Take an active part in parish functions as assigned by the teacher.
- Choose a name (Biblical or Saint). Read about his/her life and pick someone you would like to emulate.
- Choose a sponsor. Parents are not to be selected and whoever is chosen must be a practicing Catholic, at least 16 and confirmed.
- Seriously suggests completion of Religious Education classes through Grade 8.
- If your child was not baptized or has not made First Holy Communion at St. Patrick's, Monson, you must bring a copy of his/her Baptismal Certificate at the time of registration or to the first class.
8. ATTEND MASS WEEKLY.
SPECIAL CHILDREN’S MASSES (1-6) SUNDAY AT 8:30 A.M.
DEC. 24 (Friday, Christmas Eve at 4:00 P.M. Christmas Pageant)
MARCH 31, 2024 AFTER THE EASTER SUNDAY MASS THERE WILL BE AN EASTER EGG HUNT FOR THE CHILDREN.