CCD Grades 7-10
SCHEDULE OF C.C.D. CLASSES FOR 2019- 2020
GRADES 7, 8, 9 & 10
Grades 7 & 8 will meet downstairs
Grades 9 & 10 will meet upstairs
(9th AND 10th Grades are Confirmation Preparation Classes)
Class times are: Sundays from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. in Columbia Hall.
Students in grade 9 (this applies to both public and parochial schools) are reminded that
they need to register for our two year Confirmation Preparation Program.
There will be a mandatory Mass and sacramental meeting for all parents and
students entering our 9th and 10th grade Confirmation Program Sunday, Sept. 15th
at 5:00 P.M. at St. Patrick’s Church. This will fulfill your obligation for both
Sunday Mass and Confirmation Preparation.
CLASSES ARE SCHEDULED AS FOLLOWS:
Sept. 22 Jan. 5 & 19
Oct. 6 & 20 Feb. 9 & 23
Nov. 3 & 17 March 10 & 24
Dec. 8 & 15 April 8 & 22
May 3 (the last class)
Students that are absent are required to bring a note to the next class. All students who miss more than two classes will be required to do make-up work of the classes missed as prescribed by the teacher and Education Commission.
CONFIRMATION GRADES 9 &10
New Spirit Retreat: Monday, Dec. 9th from 5:00 to 9:00 P.M.
(Grades 9 & 10) St. Thomas Parish, Palmer
Pizza/drink will be provided
(This is a requirement)
Chrism Mass: (Grade 10 Only) Monday, April 6, 2020 Students must be at
St. Patrick’s by 5:30 P.M. (return is 9:00 - 9:30)
It is held at St. Michael’s Cathedral in Springfield and is a requirement.
Before a student can receive the Sacrament of Confirmation
The following requirements should be met.
All Students must attend Mass every week.
This is the responsibility of the students, Parents, and/or Guardians.
- Attend ALL SPECIAL CONFIRMATION SESSIONS AND REHEARSALS.
- Attend any retreats or special activities that are planned.
- Take an active part in parish functions as assigned by the teacher.
- Choose a name (Biblical or Saint). Read about his/her life and pick someone you would
like to emulate.
- Choose a sponsor. Parents are not to be selected and whoever is chosen
must be a practicing Catholic, at least 16 years old and confirmed.
- Seriously suggests completion of Religious Education classes through Grade 9.
- If your child was not baptized or has not made First Holy Communion at St. Patrick’s,
Monson, you must bring a copy of his/her Baptismal Certificate at the time of registration
or to the first class.
- Must Attend Mass Weekly.
For more information call St. Patrick’s at: 413-267-3622.