CCD Grades 7-9
SCHEDULE OF C.C.D. CLASSES FOR 2023- 2024
GRADES 7, 8, 9
Grades 7 & 8 will meet downstairs
Grades 9 will meet upstairs
(9th Grade IS Confirmation Preparation Classes)
The diocese has now changed confirmation to be made after attending and completing 9th grade. Daniel Moriarty and Catherine Rioux are the teachers.
Class times are: Sundays from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. in Columbia Hall.
Students in grade 9 (this applies to both public and parochial schools) are reminded that
they need to register for the Confirmation Preparation Program.
CLASSES ARE SCHEDULED AS FOLLOWS:
Sept. 17 Jan. 7 & 21
Oct. 1 & 22 Feb. 4 & 25
Nov. 5 & 19 March 10 & 24
Dec. 3 & 17 April 7 & 21
May 5 (the last class)
Students that are absent are required to bring a note to the next class. All students who miss more than two classes will be required to do make-up work of the classes missed as prescribed by the teacher.
CONFIRMATION GRADES 9
Retreat: Booked with Trinita
Chrism Mass: Monday, November 6, 2023 Students must be at
St. Patrick’s by 5:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
St. Christopher Parish - Brimfield
Pizza and drinks will be provided
Before a student can receive the Sacrament of Confirmation
The following requirements should be met.
All Students must attend Mass every week.
This is the responsibility of the students, Parents, and/or Guardians.
- Attend ALL SPECIAL CONFIRMATION SESSIONS AND REHEARSALS.
- Attend any retreats or special activities that are planned.
- Take an active part in parish functions as assigned by the teacher.
- Choose a name (Biblical or Saint). Read about his/her life and pick someone you would
like to emulate.
- Choose a sponsor. Parents are not to be selected and whoever is chosen
must be a practicing Catholic, at least 16 years old and confirmed.
- Seriously suggests completion of Religious Education classes through Grade 8.
- If your child was not baptized or has not made First Holy Communion at St. Patrick’s,
Monson, you must bring a copy of his/her Baptismal Certificate at the time of registration
or to the first class.
- Must Attend Mass Weekly.
For more information call St. Patrick’s at: 413-267-3622.