SAINT CHRISTOPHER’S PARISH_______________________________________
Confraternity of Christian Doctrine Telephone (413) 245-7274 [email protected]
The students should attend Mass and C.C.D. classes every week. This is the responsibility of
Students who are absent are required to bring a note to the next class. All students who miss
more than an acceptable number of classes will be required to do make-up work for the
classes missed as prescribed by the teacher and Education Commission.
SCHEDULE OF C.C.D. FOR 2021 - 2022 (Classes begin Sept. 19th & end May 1st)
Please Note: All classes will start at 9:00 A.M
GRADES 1, & 2 will meet from 9:00 A.M. to 10:15A.M. on Sundays in the Parish Center.
GRADES 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8 will meet from 9:00 A.M. to 10:15 A.M. on Sundays in the Lower
GRADE 9 will meet from 9:00 A.M. to 10:15 A.M. on Sundays in the Lower Church. Students in
grade 9 this fall (this applies to both public and parochial schools) are reminded that
they need to register for our two-year Confirmation Preparation Program.
GRADE 10, CONFIRMATION CLASS will meet from 9:00 A.M.-10:15 A.M. on Sundays in the
Parish Center. Grade 10 students must have completed grade 9 to be eligible for
Confirmation Class. Grade 10 will have their own schedule.
THERE WILL BE NO CLASSES ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
OCTOBER 10 COLUMBUS DAY
NOVEMBER 21 CATHOLIC WOMEN’S CLUB CRAFT FAIR
NOVEMBER 28 THANKSGIVING
DECEMBER 26 CHRISTMAS
JANUARY 2 NEW YEARS
FEBRUARY 20 MIDWINTER VACATION
APRIL 17 EASTER
**THERE WILL BE CLASSES ON JANUARY 17th (Martine Luther King Jr.
SPECIAL CHILDREN’S MASSES (Gr. 1-6)
FIRST SUNDAY AT 10:30 A.M.
FIRST COMMUNION GRADE 2
Before your child receives First Holy Communion, he/she must be prepared and the following conditions should
1. Completed Grade 1 C.C.D. Classes.
2. ATTEND ALL C.C.D. CLASSES IN GRADE 2. (If for any reason your child is unable to attend,
parents should contact the teacher asap to get work that needs to be completed)
3. Must be properly prepared at home & class to understand the meaning of the Holy Eucharist.
4. Must know the SIGN OF THE CROSS, OUR FATHER, HAIL MARY, ACT OF CONTRITION & THE
GLORY BE TO THE FATHER. (These prayers will be sent home with your child.) PRAYERS ARE
NOT TAUGHT DURING CLASS TIME. THIS IS THE PARENTS RESPONSIBILITY.
5. If your child misses too many classes or is not properly prepared then they will have to wait until next year.
6. If your child was not baptized at St. Christopher’s in Brimfield, you must bring a copy of his/her Baptismal
Certificate at the time of registration or to the first class.
**There will be two meetings for parents regarding Reconciliation and First Communion:
November 2nd and March 29th at 7:00 P.M. in the Parish Center.
First Penance will be Tuesday, March 9, 2022 at 7:00 in the church.
First Communion will be Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 10:00 A.M. (Subject to change)
CONFIRMATION GRADE 10
Before a student can receive the sacrament of Confirmation the following requirements should be met:
1. Completed Grade 9 C.C.D. Class that is part of our 2-year Confirmation Preparation Program.
2. Attend ALL SPECIAL CONFIRMATION SESSIONS AND REHEARSALS.
3. Attend any retreats or special activities that are planned.
4. Take an active part in parish functions.
5. Choose a name (Biblical or Saint). Read about his/her life and pick someone you would like to emulate.
6. Choose a sponsor. Parents are not to be selected and whoever is chosen must be a practicing Catholic,
at least 16 and confirmed.
7. If your child was not baptized or has not made First Holy Communion at St. Christopher’s, Brimfield
you must bring a copy of his/her Baptismal Certificate at the time of registration or to the first class.
Confirmation Date: To be announced
A mandatory retreat will be scheduled soon.
In the event that classes are cancelled due to inclement weather notices will be posted on
Channel 22 and Channel 40.